1 de dezembro de 2007

Cornered

No one likes to feel cornered.
Things get complicated as they are, no one to blame.
But sometimes you feel cornered by expectations that people have of you.
People expect you to say or do or be something, it's in their mind, but they put pressure on you, even when not meant.
They just do.
You feel almost the need to say, do or be as they want.
But you don't, you shouldn't, you can't!
Then you might not be able to set aside some guilt.
Unfair to yourself, but still…
Cornered
Not easy to explain, but quite a common place to be I guess.
So, you need to figure out a way of balancing things by still being yourself and not hurting others who want more or different from you.
This is as complicated as it gets.
You may try changes, but you can't push it. I can’t.
When I feel that things are being pushed, when I feel cornered, I get defensive.
I stop being spontaneous.
Bottom line, I must avoid situations that may be blur.
I have to be as clear as I can all the time, so I don't feel the need to apologize by things I didn't do on purpose, that I didn't promise, that shouldn’t make me feel bad. And this shouldn't be necessary.

So, I’m feeling cornered and I hate it.
I’m feeling pressured and I hate it.

It doesn’t help and it doesn’t work with me.
Let me be myself, not someone you imagine that I am.
The more I feel free to express myself, the more you get from me.